RESERVED RIGHTS AND GRANT OF LIMITED LICENCE
- Copyright © 2019 gbtlaw (the Operator of the Site). All rights reserved.
- The Site contains information, software, communications, text, graphics, advertising, images, photos, artwork and other material and services (collectively, the “Information”) that are protected by various Canadian and international intellectual property laws, including but not limited to copyright and trademark law, and other proprietary rights, which rights exist in the Information currently on the Site and which rights will continue to exist in all Information developed or posted on the Site in future.
- Permission is granted to use (display or print) short extracts of the Information on the Site for personal, non-commercial, transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a limited licence, not a transfer of title, and under this limited licence you may not:
- modify, copy, reproduce, republish, or re-disseminate the Information;
- use the Information for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on the Site;
- scrape or conduct any other activity designed to collect, reorganize or manipulate the Information;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the Information;
- transfer the Information to another person or “mirror” the Information on any other server; and
- This licence shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by gbtlaw at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of the Information or upon the termination of this licence, you must destroy any downloaded Information in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
NO ENDORSEMENT OR AFFILIATION
The Site contains links to other Internet websites. These links are provided to you as convenient references to help you locate other Internet resources that may be of interest to you. gbtlaw has not conducted a detailed review of all of the sites linked to the Site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site as such links are developed and operated independently from gbtlaw. The inclusion of any link on the Site does not imply endorsement of the site by gbtlaw unless specifically stated otherwise. A link to another site should not be construed to imply that the Site is affiliated with or associated with, or is legally authorized to use any trade-mark, trade name, logo or copyrighted symbol that may be reflected in the link or the description of the link to such other sites unless an affiliation is specifically identified within the Site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
You agree to use this Site at your sole risk and that gbtlaw is not responsible for any damages whatsoever and howsoever caused, arising out of or in connection with the use of the Site or in reliance on the Information available on the Site, including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, pecuniary and exemplary damages, loss of use, lost data, lost business profits, business interruption, personal injury, fines, penalties or any other pecuniary loss, whether in an action for contract, negligence or other tortious action, even if gbtlaw has been informed of the possibility thereof. gbtlaw disclaims all representations, warranties and conditions regarding the Site and the Information to the fullest extent permitted by law including, without limitation, implied warranties and conditions of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose with respect to the Site and the Information thereon.
NO ADVICE OR WARRANTIES
The Information posted on the Site, including but not limited to, articles, case commentaries, newsletters, opinions and viewpoints, is provided for informational and educational purposes only. The Information posted on the Site is not intended to provide, and does not constitute, any legal, accounting or tax advice and should never be relied upon in this respect. Accessing or using this Site does not create a lawyer-client relationship. Although your use of the web site may facilitate access to or communications with members of gbtlaw via e-mail transmissions or otherwise via the Site, receipt of any such communications or transmissions by any member of gbtlaw does not create a lawyer-client or fiduciary relationship. gbtlaw does not guarantee the security or confidentiality of any communications made by e-mail or otherwise through this website. gbtlaw urges all users of the Site to seek the advice of a professional and not to rely on the Information posted on the Site.
The Information appearing on the Site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. gbtlaw does not warrant or guarantee the quality, accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the Information provided. Furthermore, Information on this Site may no longer be accurate due to the passage of time, changes to the law or court decisions. gbtlaw may make changes to the Information contained on the Site at any time without notice. However, gbtlaw does not make any commitment to update the Information nor is gbtlaw obligated to update the Information. You should not act upon, or fail to act upon, Information on this Site.
gbtlaw cannot guarantee the confidentiality of any communication made by e-mail or otherwise through this Site and cannot guarantee such communication is protected by solicitor/client or any other professional privilege. Internet e-mail is especially vulnerable to interception and therefore, you agree use of the Site is at your sole risk and that gbtlaw will not be responsible for any damages you may suffer as a result of transmitting confidential information to gbtlaw via the Site or implicitly or explicitly authorizing gbtlaw to send confidential information to you via the Internet.
COMPLIANCE WITH LOCAL LAWS
You acknowledge that you have accessed the Site voluntarily and that you alone are responsible for ensuring compliance with any applicable local, national or international laws, including but not limited to any regulations having the force of law. You are hereby advised that some jurisdictions may restrict Internet usage by their residents.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE ABOVE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PLEASE EXIT THE SITE IMMEDIATELY.